Firestick is the most thrilling and popular streaming device. However, the sad part is, there are many apps that cannot be downloaded on your Firestick. This could either be because the app isn’t available entirely on the Amazon Store, or it’s not available from where you’re located.
This is why users download third-party apps on their Fire device through a method called sideloading. It allows you to download and add apps from the unknown sources on your Firestick with great ease that aren’t available elsewhere.
For instance, Kodi is one of the most popular Firestick third-party apps that allows you to sideload unlimited streaming services and gaming content. It’s not available on the Amazon Store, so you’re going to need to sideload it.
In this guide, I’ll show you how to sideload third-party apps on your Firestick with great ease. You’ll find the tutorial below.
Please make sure that before sideloading or adding third-party apps on your Fire device, you’re connected to the best VPN for Firestick. This will encrypt your data and secure your connection.
How to add or sideload third-party apps on your Firestick
To sideload third-party apps, you’re going to need to sideload the APK files on to your Fire device. However, since you’re loading third-party apps, make sure you’re connected to a VPN. There are many Firestick compatible providers that offer the best VPN deals.
Now, to begin, you first need to enable the apps from unknown sources. Here’s how you do it:
- Connect to the fastest server on your VPN.
- Click on “My Fire TV” on your Firestick home screen.
- Click on the “Developer options” and then enable the “Apps from Unknown Sources.”
- Type “Downloader” app in your search bar on the home screen.
- Download and install the app, and then click on open.
The Downloader app helps you sideload APK apps that aren’t available on the App Stores.
- Turn on the Downloader app
- In the URL path type in the APK file link to any third-party app that you need. For instance, if you need the Kodi APK link, you type in https://kodi.tv/download.
- The app will start downloading
- Next, you click on “Install.”
- Once it’s installed, you’ll be notified with “App installed.”
That’s about it! You now have your third-party app downloaded and installed on your Firestick.
What are the most popular third-party apps for Firestick?
There are a couple popular ones that come to mind. They are:
- BBC iPlayer
- Cinema APK
- CyberFlix TV
- HBO Now
- Pluto TV
- Sling TV
- Titanium TV
- Morph TV
- OneBox HD
Can we use a free VPN to sideload third-party apps on Firestick?
Absolutely not! I doubt that would even work. Considering that most apps let alone third-party apps are so difficult to access on Firestick, a free VPN is not the best choice to use for it. they come with poor speeds, bad encryption, limited bandwidth and will steal your data. Other than that, because you’re downloading third-party content, the VPN you use needs to be secure, preventing your IP and location from leaking.